Village Wide DPW Pick-up Schedule
Regular Household Garbage Collected
every Tuesday & Friday Mornings
- Place at the curb on Monday & Thursday evenings after 5:00 PM
- Clear Plastic Bags Only!
- No Black Bags Will Be Collected!
- Garbage Cans Cannot Be Larger Than 32 Gallons
- To dispose of large items such as furniture & appliances you can purchase
“Trash Tags” at our office, with a Tag these items can be placed to the curb with household trash.
Recycling: Collected every 2nd & 4th Thursday morning of the month
- Place at the curb on 2nd & 4th Wednesday evening after 5:00 PM
- Bottles & Cans - Unbroken Glass, Plastic & Metal Can be placed in same container or clear plastic bag
- Paper goods must be Bundled & tied together
Limbs, Garden Rubbish & Debris
The Department of Public works for the Village of Fort Plain will be picking up garden rubbish and yard debris, please cut limbs into four (4) foot lengths. Piles need to be placed at curb or front yard near sidewalk. Anybody putting the rubbish into the street will be ticketed for the violation. Please do not put debris in the street. Thank you for your cooperation.